Legally, commercial vehicles can be any of the following:
- Mass transportation vehicles, like buses and airport shuttles
- SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) buses, commuter trains, and subway cars
- Cargo vans
- Corporate vehicles, like company cars and those owned by car dealerships
Because corporate vehicles are owned by companies, and not private individuals, they are usually accompanied by greater resources than any one person can possess. That’s why, if you were injured in a commercial vehicle accident, you need an experienced team of Philadelphia commercial vehicle accident attorneys on your side. An attorney can determine whether you commercial vehicle accident was caused by mechanical failure, human error, or a combination of both, and ultimately determine who should be held liable for the accident.
Philly Truck Accident Lawyers has the resources you don’t, resources that are necessary in securing the maximum compensation for your pain and suffering at the hands of a negligent commercial vehicle drivers.
Common Causes Of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Commercial vehicles often make sudden stops, and many dangerously double-park on busy roadways. If a negligent commercial vehicle driver doesn’t employ proper practices, like turn signals and emergency lights, other drivers are put in a dangerous situation that can lead to accidents and injury.
- Although commercial vehicle owners and drivers are legally responsible for the maintenance of their trucks, many cut corners hoping to save money. Brake failure, tire blow-outs, and other forms of mechanical failure can quickly follow, causing accidents and harm to other drivers.
- Driver fatigue, a result of long hours at the wheel, causes 30% of commercial vehicle accidents.
- Many commercial vehicle accidents are worsened, or even caused, by environmental issues like improperly maintained roadways. If this was the case in your accident, the government may also bear responsibility.
To learn more about the causes of truck accidents, visit our Common Causes Of Truck Accidents FAQ.
Contact A Philadelphia Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney
If you have suffered harm in a commercial vehicle accident, as another driver, a pedestrian on the sidewalk, or a cyclist on the road, you may be entitled to restitution. Philly Truck Accident Lawyers can help you claim compensation for out-of-pocket medical expenses, pain and suffering, and any loss of wages or earning potential. Our team of attorneys always works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you don’t pay a thing until we’ve secured a verdict or settlement on your behalf.
Contact us today by calling 215.405.0072 or completing our contact form and schedule your free consultation.